- 100 grams of chipotle chile
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 units of cloves
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ pieces of piloncillo
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 3 cup of water
- Cook the chilies with the brown sugar in a pot with two cups of water until the peppers are soft. Then drain and reserve the chiles and the cooking water separately.
- Discard the tips of the chipotle peppers and grind the rest together with the cooking water, the spices and a pinch of salt. This step is to taste, you can crush until you get a liquid sauce or on the contrary, leave small chunks of chile.
- Put the sauce back into the pot and bring to medium heat until it reaches a boil. Then, add the remaining cup of water along with the oil and vinegar, without moving the fire until it boils again.
- To preserve the chipotle sauce safely, empty the sauce in one or more glass jars, leaving at least one centimeter of it, to get the vacuum.
- Cover each bottle very well and sterilize the product by immersing it in boiling water for 20 minutes. Let it cool to room temperature.