- 1 pineapple (organic if possible and well washed)
- 3/4 pound panela (piloncillo or brown sugar, whole or in chunks – more or less to taste)
- cinnamon sticks
- 12 cups water
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Combine all of the ingredients in large saucepan or pot
- Bring to a boil and simmer partially covered for at about an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool down, unless you are drinking it warm or hot, you can drink it immediately or let it rest refrigerated to allow the spices and pineapple flavor to concentrate.